The Village Garden Club of Dennis is a nonprofit organization open to all full time residents living in Dennis, which includes the villages of Dennis, Dennis Port, West Dennis, South Dennis and East Dennis, MA. For the past 45 years, we have provided a common meeting ground for all interested in gardening, flower arranging, horticulture and civic beautification. We promote the conservation and preservation of our natural beauty and resources, and encourage a knowledge of horticulture, environmental science, or related fields by means of scholarships and community service. With projects like these, the Village Garden Club of Dennis is planting the seeds for our next generation of gardeners.
Club Projects & Services:
· Plant and maintain gardens in Dennis at the following locations:
Dennis Memorial Library
Dennis Port Library
Dennis Port Pocket Park
Dennis Post Office
Dennis Senior Center
Josiah Dennis Manse
King Memorial Park
· Purchase, decorate and deliver 25 holiday wreaths each season for town offices, libraries, police and fire departments, museums and other town buildings.
· Run a garden therapy program for residents of a rehabilitation facility.
· Manage a Scholarship and Educational Outreach Program which awards scholarships to Dennis residents pursuing studies in horticulture or related environmental studies. We also provide grants to support educational projects within the community.
· Share our knowledge of gardening with youth through our Junior Gardening Program. We also award stipends to graduating student(s) who are pursuing careers in fields related to horticulture.
· Host standard flower shows, garden tours, holiday house tours and plant sales