#44 Publicity Press Book
Certificates may be awarded to winning books of evidence exhibiting quality, quantity and diversity of coverage in the print media promoting garden clubs and NGC goals and objectives. Deadline: to State Chairman by January 25; first place winners in each category sent to Region by February 23.
Send to Jean Berg, 76 Summer Street, Weymouth, MA 02188. (781) 337-4088 email@example.com
Application: NGC Application Form with required information attached to inside front cover; second form clipped to outside.
Categories: A. Single member garden club
i. small club - under 29 members
ii. medium club - 30-99 members
iii. large club - over 100 members
B. Group of member clubs, councils, districts
C. Affiliated Garden Clubs
Requirements for Preparing Publicity Press Book:
1. Label on outside cover; number and name of NGC award, category, name of club/s, city and state.
2. Submit in report cover or folder; 8 1/2 x 11 or 9 x 12 inches. No heavy scrapbooks or oversized portfolios. There is no limit on the number of pages. Plastic page protectors may be used.
3. Material must consist only of newspaper, magazine, newsletter or any printed publication clippings with the name and date of publication over each article. Clear photocopies are permitted; reduced photocopies of large or lengthy articles are permitted. Downloading of published newspaper articles from the Internet is permitted.
4. Include Table of Contents, Affix contents in chronological order January 1 through December 31.
5. Clippings evenly cut. No loose clipping permitted.
6. Each published item must contain the name of organization and/or individual/s identified as a member of the organization. Underline first use of name or organization and/or member in each article.
7. Articles should include who, what, when, where, etc.; publicity should relate to organization's or individual's projects and/or activities; promotion of NGC objectives and goals.
Scale of Points for #44:
Presentation 15 points
meets all Requirements, neat.
Quality 40 points
articles well written; publicity related to projects and/or activities.
Quantity 25 points
articles for each month (take in consideration dark months), use of varied publications and media (newspaper, magazines, newsletters, journals, etc.)
Diversity 20 points
local, council, district, state, national, other
Total 100 points