NGC Plant It Pink 2011-2013
Calling all Garden Clubs to continue to raise awareness of the fight against breast cancer with a "Plant it Pink" garden.
1. Members are encouraged to create a garden, should be minimally 4'x4' but not limited to, featuring pink flowers and/or foliage. It may contain woody ornamentals, annuals, perennials and/or bulbs, or a combination thereof.
2. Suggested locations for planting are but not limited to: Nursing homes, Senior centers, housing for Elderly, mass plantings at Civic locations or members own gardens.
3. Submit the one-page Plant It Pink Application from GCFMA website or Mayflower which will include the name of the Club, contact person, address with zip, phone with area code and e-mail, the project location and a brief description with photo(s) on the back.
4. Plant It Pink Application to be submitted to the Chairperson:
Elayne Santos 47 Akin Street, Fairhaven, MA 02719 no later than April 15, 2013
5. Pink Glove Certificates will be presented to all projects submitted.
6. A Garden Hat Birdhouse or Bird House created especially for the Plant it Pink Project available from Louisville Stoneware at www.louisvillestoneware.comwill be awarded to the garden club with the best entry at the GCFM Annual Meeting held in 2013.