The Garden Club Federation of Massachusetts, Inc.
RULES FOR STATE AWARDS
1. Awards Year: January 1st to December 31st annually, unless award states otherwise.
2. Eligibility: Only clubs that are members of The Garden Club Federation of Massachusetts, Inc. are eligible to apply.
3. Deadline: December 1st annually. All applications and supporting evidence must be in the hands of the state awards chairman on or before this date. EXCEPTIONS: Applications must be received by July 1st for Award I, Award III-B, Award III-E, Award IV-C, Award XI-A, and Award XVI. Award V, is due on the odd year 30 days prior to the Federation Annual Meeting. Award XII-B, is due January 25th.
4. Application Forms: All applications shall be on the State Awards application form
5. Source of Forms: Download application forms from the GCFMA website.
6. Number of Applications: The Federation Awards Committee will consider only one application from a club for each award category. Clubs may apply for state, NE region, and national awards for the same project providing application forms are submitted. EXCEPTIONS: Application is not required for Awards VI-H, VI-K, VI-M, VI-N, VI-O, VI-P, VI-U, VI-V, and VI-W.
7. Number of Awards Granted: Each GCFM club may receive all awards merited in any given year, provided all qualifications are met. The same award may not be presented to a club for two consecutive years.
8. If no Scale of Points is given for an award, refer to NGC’s National Awards Rule #9.
The GCFM Board voted that the trophies will not be given to the clubs. They will receive a picture of the trophy with their Certificate. The trophy can be borrowed for a special event.